The heavy equipment operator’s duties include preparing and manipulating heavy equipment to ensure the appropriate movement of materials, and liaising with coworkers to ensure that the projects are completed accurately. You will be required to conduct your duties in a safe, diligent manner at all times.
To ensure success as a heavy equipment operator, you should monitor workflow, suggesting alterations to enhance productivity, as needed. A remarkable heavy equipment operator will be attuned to the subtleties of each situation, possessing sound knowledge of when to lead or follow.
Heavy Equipment Operator Responsibilities:
- Maneuvering motorized heavy equipment to ensure the accurate removal and placement of materials.
- Loading and offloading rocks, debris, and other materials from heavy equipment.
- Observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Communicating with coworkers to elucidate project specifications, as needed.
- Reporting injuries and other accidents to management.
- Advising management of requisite upgrades, repairs, and replacements.
- Aiding coworkers to ensure that the site is clean and organized at the end of each shift.
- Providing suggestions to refine workflow and boost efficiency.
Heavy Equipment Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience operating a variety of heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent vision or the use of prescribed lenses.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Ability to work extended hours, as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Additional Application Information
Applicants can apply in person at the BWCDD district office. 205 E. Roosevelt Ave., Buckeye, AZ 85326
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at Buckeye Water Conservation & Drainage District.
Buckeye Water Conservation & Drainage District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the contributions of its diverse work force. We are only legally able to hire persons who are 1) a United States citizen or national, 2) a lawful permanent resident of the United States, or 3) an alien legally authorized to work in the United States